As i was trying to get ready to convert my SVN repository into a GIT repository. I noticed one of my DNS slave servers wasn’t responding. A look at the log files showed something was wrong.
The master server showed:
 nsd: error: query tsig unknown key/algorithm
While the slave displayed the following message
 nsd: error: xfrd: zone [ domain ] received error code REFUSED from [ ip address ]
After an hour of searching Google and not hitting any useful result. I rebooted the machine. And was presented by forced hard disk check. The damn thing seemed to be out of sync. And when rebooted. The date was off by a few centuries.
So after resetting the date and restarting NSD. The problem was resolved.
- $ date -s ‘14 NOV 2010 01:37:00’
- $ /usr/sbin/nsdc update > /dev/nul 2>%1
- $ /usr/sbin/nsdc patch > /dev/nul 2>%1
- $ /usr/sbin/nsdc rebuild > /dev/nul 2>%1
- $ /usr/sbin/nsdc reload > /dev/nul 2>%1
- $ /usr/sbin/nsdc notify > /dev/nul 2>%1